Corporate secretary of Moscow Exchange
According to a resolution adopted by the Supervisory Board of Moscow Exchange, the Corporate Governance Department is vested with the functions of Moscow Exchange's Corporate Secretary.
The Corporate Governance Department is headed by its Director, who is subordinate to the Chairman of the Executive Board administratively and, functionally, to the Chairman of the Supervisory Board. Resolutions on his/her appointment/dismissal and remuneration are taken by the Supervisory Board, which provides the necessary degree of autonomy within the framework of Moscow Exchange’s management bodies.
The main objectives of the Corporate Governance Department and its function as the Corporate Secretary include:
- playing a role in improving the corporate governance system and practices of all of the companies that make up Moscow Exchange Group;
- coordination of the Company's activities for the protection of the rights and the interests of the Company’s shareholders and, if necessary, of the shareholders/members of other Moscow Exchange Group companies;
- effective communication with shareholders of Moscow Exchange and, if necessary, with shareholders/members of other Moscow Exchange Group companies;
- supporting the effective work of the Supervisory Board and of the consultative bodies of the Company’s Supervisory Board (hereinafter, the “Commissions of the Supervisory Board”), as well as, where appropriate, the supervisory boards/boards of directors of the companies of Moscow Exchange Group;
- participation in the disclosure of information about Moscow Exchange.
- the Director of the Corporate Governance Department organises annual monitoring of corporate governance practices within Moscow Exchange Group and an internal assessment of the Supervisory Board’s performance.
Mr Alexander Kamensky has been the Director of the Corporate Governance Department of Moscow Exchange since December 2013.
Alexander Kamensky was born in Moscow in 1982.
He graduated (cum laude) from the Law Faculty of Moscow Lomonosov State University in 2005 with a degree in Jurisprudence. He is also a graduate of the Leadership Programme at the INSEAD Business School. In 2014, he received a Director Certificate from the British Institute of Directors.
He won the Director of the Year prize awarded by AID and RSPP in the Corporate Secretary category in 2015 and the 12th ARISTOS-2014 Award as the Best Corporate Governance Director. In 2014-2016, he was ranked first in the top 1,000 Russian managers of financial companies in the Corporate Governance Directors category.
- Since 2013: Director of the Corporate Governance Department and the Corporate Secretary of Moscow Exchange;
- 2012-2013: Head of the Corporate Governance Centre and the Corporate Secretary of PJSC MDM Bank;
- 2011-2012: Corporate Governance Manager and the Corporate Secretary of Enel Russia.
Number of shares /equity interest in Moscow Exchange: 8 shares/0.00000035%
|Before transaction||After transaction|
|Date of transaction||Type (substance) of transaction||Number of shares||Equity interest (%)||Number of shares||Equity interest (%)|
|06 May 2016||Share purchase||0||0||333,333||0,01462862|
|06 May 2016||Share sale||333,333||0,01462862||108,448||0,00475934|
|18 May 2016||Share sale||108,448||0,00475934||65,008||0,00285293|
|19 May 2016||Share sale||65,008||0,00285293||48,008||0,00210687|
|19 May 2016||Share purchase||48,008||0,00210687||50,008||0,00219465|
|20 May 2016||Share sale||50,008||0,00219465||47,068||0,00206562|
|20 May 2016||Share purchase||47,068||0,00206562||51,008||0,00223853|
|24 May 2016||Share sale||51,008||0,00223853||35,008||0,00153636|
|25 May 2016||Share sale||35,008||0,00153636||20,568||0,00090265|
|25 May 2016||Share purchase||20,568||0,00090265||23,008||0,00100973|
|26 May 2016||Share sale||23,008||0,00100973||6,508||0,00028561|
|26 May 2016||Share purchase||6,508||0,00028561||9,508||0,00041727|
|27 May 2016||Share sale||9,508||0,00041727||2,008||0,00008812|
|27 May 2016||Share purchase||2,008||0,00008812||8,508||0,00037338|
|30 May 2016||Share sale||8,508||0,00037338||5,508||0,00024172|
|30 May 2016||Share purchase||5,508||0,00024172||7,508||0,00032950|
|31 May 2016||Share sale||7,508||0,00032950||8||0,00000035|
|02 June 2016||Share purchase||8||0,00000035||2,008||0,00008812|
|03 June 2016||Share sale||2,008||0,00008812||8||0,00000035|